PB & J Whaaaaat?!?
You read correctly. No typos here. LOW CARB PB & J.
Who doesn`t love some childhood staples? Unless you’re allergic to peanuts…then this is probably not for you…
- 31g Quest Peanut Butter Protein Powder
- 1 XL Egg
- 1 Tspn Baking Powder
- 100g Raw and Cleaned Strawberries
- In a bowl or coffee mug, mix 20g of Quest PB Protein Powder, 1 XL egg and 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder. If you like your pancakes thick, do not add any water. If you like your pancakes thinner, add water until desired consistency.
- Heat up a griddle or pan on medium heat only, or else you will dry out the pancakes.
- Place mix on griddle or pan and flip when they start to bubble (makes roughly 3-4 small pancakes).
- Take 100g of strawberries and place in a blender on high until a thick liquid consistency.
- Then, with the remainder of your Quest Protein (11g) add water until a thick or runny consistency is acquired. Pour both this PB mixture and the strawberry mixture over your finished pancakes.
If you wanna get super fancy, place the mixtures in the middle of two pancakes to get the full “PB & J sammy” effect.
Macros: Calories-222; Protein- 30.7g; Carbs- 10.7g; Fats- 7.3g; Sugars- 6g
Tried this recipe and liked it or want me to find a healthy alternative to one of yours? Need a substitution or have a recommendation? Let me know on any of my social media accounts! I would love to hear from you!
->Don`t forget to add, subscribe and follow<-